Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our world has been through a lot over the last few years and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We are a free standing ambulatory surgery center, called the Torrance Surgicenter, which is certified by Medicare and accredited by AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care). Our surgery center follows strict infection control guidelines established by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Centers. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations to maintain a safe environment for you, our patients, and our staff.
We are the only certified surgery center in the South Bay which specializes in Oral Surgery.
Our operating room has HEPA filtered air with 20 air room changes per hour and all surfaces are sanitized with approved agents that will kill bacteria and viruses including COVID-19. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between patients. There are no sinks or vents in the operating room which could be sources of infection. We have strived to maintain these high standards for all of the years that we have been operating as a surgery center to ensure a clean environment for each patient for even what some may consider routine dental or implant procedures.
Our infection control policies and procedures are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. You may see some changes when it is time for your appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. For example:
- Each staff member will be wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) which may look different and possibly intimidating. But we do this for your protection. We also ask that you wear a mask while in our office for your safety and others.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment but we will try to accommodate you as best as we can.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will be taking your temperature upon your arrival in our office. Every person who enters our facility goes through a daily screening and temperature check which includes our staff.
- In accordance with the CDC guidelines to protect patients and staff, we do not allow any extra people to enter our facility. Minor patients are allowed one parent to accompany them.
- We do NOT allow anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or is ill or exhibiting any symptoms into our facility.
- All staff have been fully vaccinated.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at Kawahara Oral Surgery Phone Number (310) 373-2238.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you, our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Lindon Ken Kawahara, M.D., D.M.D.
• Schedule Appointment
• New Patient Registration
• Preparing For Your Visit
• Contact Info / Directions
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: